Friday, July 10, 2015

Five

Dear Piglet!

Today you are five years old.  You are currently sitting next to me coloring and singing a made up song in your sweet little voice.  Of course, the song goes "Hello, Roxy, I'm going to kiiiiiiillllll you because I loooooooove you".  You are such a conundrum to me!  Fiercely, fiercely independent, and yet still needing mommy and daddy and the comforts of home so much.  For you, there's


almost no place you'd rather be than hanging at home with a coloring book or play dough, just chilling with mom and dad.

But then, when you do go out and play, you REFUSE to be babied.  It doesn't matter how much bigger the other kids are, come hell or high water, you are going to play right along side of them.

You are so much more affectionate than your brother and will run up to me mid-play just to get a little hug and a kiss and an "I just love you so much, Mommy."

You're still a tiny little girl with a head of wild blonde curls and blue eyes and long lashes.  You are, quite frankly, a beautiful little girl.  You love quesadillas and almond milk and apples that are "NOT CUT UP, MOMMY!!!!"  You are quite the little fashion plate, at least in your own eyes.  You have a very distinct sense of what is "cool" and "not cool" and you don't hesitate to tell me your thoughts on what I pick out for you.  Now, your outfits aren't exactly something you'd see in Baby GAP ads but they are certainly eye catching.

You say things like "my creation is AH-MAZING" and "this is so freakin' cute".  All of this five minutes after singing a song about murdering our cat so....

I still haven't figured out how to discipline you.  All the tactics that worked for your brother just don't work for you.  Take something away?  Sure mom, whatever.  Tell you that you can't play with your friends?  Cool, mom, I'd rather hang out with you anyway.  No TV/Tablet/etc.?  Great!  I was wanting to color a little bit anyway.  It's only by the grace of God that you haven't turned into an absolute nightmare.  Oh wait...Eh, it's fine.  You're so damn cute it doesn't even matter.

Oh Piglet I just love you so much!  I love your round cheeks and little bubble butt and your soft skin and curly hair and your independent/dependent spirit.  I see great things, AMAZING things coming for you and I can't wait to see what 5 brings for you.


Now, if you could just do me a favor and stop growing up so fast!



No comments: