Friday, April 16, 2010

All's Well That Ends Well

The ultrasound went really well today. I had to wait for about an hour due to some sort of ultrasound emergency and at first I was a little irritated (and I really had to pee) but then I decided to enjoy the hour I got to spend reading a magazine without dishes or laundry or homework looming over my head. And you know what? It was really nice.

Ok, so after the last ultrasound I was told that I may have a marginal cord insertion which, again, means that the umbilical cord doesn't insert into the placenta exactly where they think it should. After a closer look it was determined that the insertion is about .04 cm off of where it should be. That's about half the length of a grain of rice. In other words, no big deal. My little cutie (oh man, wait til you see those cheeks!) is weighing in at 2 pounds 15 ounces and is just about as perfect as can be. And that came straight from the ultrasound tech and you know she doesn't say that to every mom who comes in. Right? Right.

Look at that cute little smooshed nose.And this almost identical but ever so slightly different shot of her kissable cheeks.

And Morgan passed his physical agility test! WHOO HOO! He's so rad I can't even stand it. The next step is the Chief's Selection interview which is coming up on May 13th. We began filling out the background forms last night and I'm glad we started so early. We have to list every job he's had and every place he's lived since he was 17 years old. He's had 16 jobs in the last 13 years and lived in more than 10 different places. We also discussed proper responses for this pattern when it inevitably comes up at the interview. :)

All told, a really good day in the Walsh household. Hope your day is going just as well!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I'm going to make a totally unbiased comment as an auntie. Those cheeks and cute little lips are divine!!!!!!! And way to go Morgan!