Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

*I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog.  I mean, 'The Walsh Family' is just so original.  Conor always says "Didja HEAR dat?" and also "Are you KIDDING me?" which I think sort of represent the whole tone of this here blog.  I also thought of something like "Adventures in Domesticity" but that sounds too cutesy or something.  Anyway, it might change.  It might not.  I like to keep y'all on your toes.*

There are some people who love Mother's Day and there are others who hate Mother's Day.  I kind of fall in the middle.  I mean, its great to sleep in and all, but in reality Conor hasn't yet reached an age where he gets the whole concept of shhhhh, so pretty much as soon as he is up, the rest of the house is up.  I also don't really expect any big gifts or tokens of appreciation either.  I guess that could be because Morgan does such a great job of making me feel appreaciated on a regular basis that I don't need a day dedicated to even more appreciation.

That being said, I did have a wonderful Mother's Day this year.  We began the celebration on Saturday with Morgan fixing me homemade crepes filled with vanilla pudding and topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream served with coffee in the hand painted coffee mug he and Conor made me last year.


Are you jealous?  You should be.  These babies were delicious!

Then on actual Mother's Day we went and had breakfast with Mom and Art where I tried, rather unscucesfully, to get a family picture of the three of us and also, a picture of Mom and Kristen and I.  We had better luck with the three girls in terms of posing but I could not get us positioned properly in terms of lighting.  Apparently, it matters not how great your camera is if you're still a picture taking dud.  Seriously, lighting!  I can't figure it out!

My husband, the man with no face.  My child, Scowl Boy.

Mmmm, better, but he still is shaded.  Ooh, he's a Man of Mystery!  Also, Conor is not smiling but that seems about right for him.

 Well, we look good but Kristen is the only one whose face is clearly visible.  Ugh.  Try again.

Umm, no.
Ahh, we look nice.


He's hiding.
 
Oh, here I am!

No comments: