Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Tiny Little Peanut

Finley is four months old today!  It was around this age that Conor whittled down his night wakings to only once a night.  So, I'm hopeful.  The last few nights have been...challenging.  Morgan is having a hard time breathing at night which leads to snoring which wakes me up which causes me to insist he roll over which makes his nose plug up which makes it hard to breath which leads to snoring which...well I think you get what I'm saying here.

In between our night time battle we have Finley waking up two or three times to eat and Conor bleating like a sheep caught in a fence several times a night and altogether we feel cranky and out of sorts and in desperate need of coffee.

Wait.  What's that you say?  This is the month in which to be thankful?  Mmmmleh.  That is the sound of me sticking my tongue out at you.

So anyway!  Fin is 12 pounds, 11 ounces and 25.5 inches long.  She's in the 25th percentile for weight and the 90th for height.  Our little girl is long and lean.  Ummm, I'm not sure where she came from but she doesn't get either of those attributes from either myself or Morgan. 

She is just the sweetest little peanut though.  So happy and content almost all the time.  And, while the night wakings aren't great, she goes to bed so easily.   She pretty much wants us to lay her down and walk out of the room.  No intricate bedtime routine, no hours of rocking her to sleep.  Just a swaddle and a kiss and good night.  Wow, I love that girl.

She's recently discovered her feet which is fun for Morgan and I to watch as this is a little trick that Conor, being, quite possibly, the most inflexible child on earth, never managed.  That sentence had an extraordinary amount of commas.  I think if we could all get our feet in our mouths the world would be a much happier place.  I mean, how can you really be upset with someone when they are sucking on their own toes?  There you have it, world peace according to us here at the Hootenanny.

Back to Finley...she's also FREAKING ADORABLE!




Don't you just want to kiss her face right off?

I apologize for the very disjointed, stream-of-consciousness of this post.  I am tired and cranky and really should have left this post until tomorrow but for some reason (possibly lack of sleep-induced) I was adamant that I post tonight!  on her birthday!  Lest we all suffer doom!  And peril!  and...other bad things?

Enough.  My DVR is calling.

No comments: